You can also tune in on…
In this episode, I talk about 3 of the main spender types and explain where those spending/saving tendencies may have come from.
- We’ve grown up doing everything we can for financial security – being able to provide for your family and live comfortably without too many hardships
- I was unaware that I had so many negative beliefs about money
- I came to realise that these thoughts affected my spending/savings habits, how much I believed that I could earn and “deserved” to earn & my vision of the future
- I recap some key parts of my story & some of the examples of money struggles I experienced when I started life coaching
- Overactive spender
- Underactive spender
Why you struggle with money
- Your parents experienced things being taken away & have lived with little –> they may have a fear of not having enough –> so they keep working & saving to ensure they have financial security
- Your parents lived to survive –> they prioritised their basic needs and didn’t spend money on extras –> they are frugal and only spend on the essentials or save their money
- Idea of putting family first –> your parents have unconditional love for their parents and you, they made so many sacrifices for your future –> so they invest or save heavily for the future
DM me on Instagram @_kindofheart to let me know which spender type you are and where it might’ve come from.
Remember, you’re a human BEING, not a human DOING.
Chat to you in the next episode!
Leave a Reply